The Department is made up of drivers and an Acting Head of Transport.
In line with the schedule of the Local Governance Act, with (Act 936), the core responsibility of the KEEA Municipal Assembly Transport Department is to;
- Establish and maintain a transport services database including information on operators, routers, terminals, bus stops within the jurisdictions of the Assembly.
- Ensures efficient use of financial resources and the maintenance of Assembly vehicles.
- Collect data for planning and development of the District’s transportation infrastructure
- Attend meetings and provide advice to the Executive Committee and relevant sub-committees.
- Prepare quarterly and annual progress report.