NADMO seeks to build a disaster resilient nation
To manage disasters by coordinating the resources of government and non-governmental agencies, and developing capacity of communities to respond effectively to disasters and improve livelihood through social mobilization, employment generation and poverty reduction.
- NADMO is responsible for the implementation of government policy on disaster prevention, disaster risk reduction and climate change risk management
- Prepare national disaster plans for preventing and mitigating the consequences of disasters.
- Monitor, evaluate and update national disaster plans.
- Ensure the establishment of adequate facilities, technical training and the institution of educational programs to provide public awareness, warning system and general preparedness for its staff and the general public.
- Co-ordinate local and institutional support for disaster or emergency control, relief services and reconstruction.