KOMENDA-EDINA-EGUAFO-ABREM MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY
Service delivery over the years in the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAS), Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) has often been criticized of lacking transparency and openness and also characterized by the cumbersome procedures. This, most often than not, lead to lack of trust and confidence in the system and the perception of civil servants being corrupt.
Owing to these, the Local Government Service has therefore embarked on a mission to improve the quality-of-service delivery in Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs), through simplifying processes, clarifying rules and procedures and setting time frames for prompt completion of tasks in order to render MMDAs more transparent to the public.
This service charter has been developed to provide information on how the general public can benefit from services provided by the KEEA Municipal Assembly.
The vision of the Komenda-Edina-Eguafo Abrem (KEEA) Municipal Assembly is to become a model of transparent and participatory local governance institution in Ghana; where the quality local service delivery is the hallmark.
To utilize available resources effectively and efficiently in order to promote a sustainable development by providing a strong leadership based on commitment to fiscal responsibility, quality services, openness, and active grassroots participation to ensure equitable development in all sectors of the municipality within the confines of good governance and security.
- Registration of marriages
- Birth and death
- Contractors and suppliers
- SERVICES RENDERED
- Marriage and divorce- services to be rendered soon
- Issuance of building and burial permits
- Provide financial support for teacher trainees, brilliant but needy students and the disabled
- provide support for vulnerable and excluded
- conflict resolution and promotion of peace and order
- enactment and enforcement of bye-laws
- linking clients to micro-credit institutions
- support health service delivery
- Agricultural services.
The Municipal Assembly will;
- Facilitate the acquisition, registration and documentation of land for investors.
- Ready to enter into partnership with investors or to facilitate partnership between foreign investors and their local partners.
- Registration of Marriages and Divorces
In pursuance of PNDC Law 112 of the customary marriage and divorce of 1985, any applicant will be required to follow the following procedure;
Marriage- application from the couples who might have already been customarily married indicating the names of parents and addressing application referred to the registrar of marriages (MDA) to ascertain the authenticity of the marriage.
Notice – the application is published and posted at various boards for 21days.
Divorce – application from the couple who must have oath of proof sworn in the court or letter from the heads of both families to that effect or two witnesses each from the families.
Time – upon receipt of any of the above, the necessary registration will be affected.
|1. Marriage registration(customary)||50.00per/ser|
|2. Marriage registration(ordinance)||100.00per/ser|
|3.Divorce /separation of marriage||200.00per/ser|
|4. Certified true copy||200.00per/ser|
|5.special lic (express) ord||50.00per/ser|
|6. Filing of every notice||100.00per/ser|
- Issuing of Building Permits
- Applicants must first of all clear title to the lands commission.
- Purchase building permits application form from the Assembly’s office
- Completed forms to be submitted with four (4) sets of building plans to the Town and County Planning Office premises.
- Technical sub-committee meets to approve the documents.
- Submission of approved plans and documents to the following units/departments for final approval:
- Town and Country Planning
- Environmental Health
Period – 12 weeks
|BUILDING PERMIT- PERMANENT STRUCTURE|
|Residential Dwelling Houses||2.25|
|Commercial/Civic & Cultural|
|Underground Tank –Filling Station||1,500.00|
|Fuel / Gas Pumps||1,000.00|
|Radio/TV station Tower||6,000.00|
|Sports stadium/ parks/ Amusement centre etc||2.00|
|Small (up to 100sq feet)||150|
|Medium (up to 144sq feet)||200|
|Large (up to 1600feet 0)||250|
|Extra Extra Large (1600sq feet and above||500|
|Renewal of temporary structure (small and medium)||60|
|Renewal of temporary structure (large and extra-large)||80|
|UNAUTHORIZES DEVELOPMENT PENALTY FOR DEFAULT|
|Substructure (times permit fee)||3 times|
|Super structure to window (times permit fee)||4 times|
|Lintel Level (times permit fee)||4times|
|Roofing Level (times permit fee)||5 times|
|Complete (times permit fee)||7time|
|Regularization of permit (times permit fee)||5times|
|Hoarding Permit (only)||5.00|
|Mast Permit (Installation)||12,000.00|
|Radio/ TV Antena||6,000.00|
|Permit to repair/renovate/ rehabilitate/refurbish/convert|
|All Others Structures||30% of cost of renovation|
|Certified True Copy|
|Permit For Construction:|
|Tennis Court/Volley Ball/Basket Bal||250.00|
- Financial Assistance to the Needy
Students who come from the district and have gained admission into secondary and tertiary institutions.
Applicants must apply to the Assembly with copies of admission letter for sponsorship or assistance. Applications are then referred to the education sub-committee for vetting and recommendation.
Successful applicants are then bonded for a specific number of years in the case of teachers to teachers in the district.
- DISABILITY FUND
Apply to the Assembly indication what the fund is to be used for. All applications are then sent to the departments of social welfare for a social enquiry to be carried out in each applicant and make recommendations.
- CLIENT SERVICE UNIT
A Client Service Unit has been established within the premises of the Municipal Assembly. At the reception desk you find useful information on the notice board and on the desk. Please, contact also the receptionist in case of questions and concerns. The officer will either help you
Or direct you to the responsible action officer.
However, we also expect the citizens to:
- Ensure that the registration forms are properly complete before submitting them for registration
- Adhere strictly to the procedures for lodging of documents and secure official receipts for the document lodged
- Queried / rejected documents should be double checked for accuracy and compliance with registration provision for enquiries and ejections.
- Demand written communication for queries rejections.
- Be courteous and polite to our staff and the same from them
- Expeditiously respond to letters and enquiries using stated reference numbers
The client service unit is also to ensure that complaints about poor services are solved openly and quickly. If there are any concerns on administration or organization of the assembly policies or personnel, please contact the following offices for further enquiries.
Client Service Unit
KEEA Municipal Assembly
The Municipal Chief Executive
KEEA Municipal Assembly
Telephone main line: 0332098236
MCD’s office: 0332098234