BUSINESS ADVISORY CENTER
The national Ghana Enterprises Agency (formally NBSSI) is the apex governmental body for the promotion and development of the Micro and Small Enterprise (MSE) sector in Ghana.
Ghana Enterprises Agency (formally NBSSI) was established by an Act of the parliament of the third Republic of Ghana (Act 434 of 1981) and operationalized in 1985 because the government views the sector as having the potential to contribute substantially to reducing the high unemployment and to the growth of the economy of Ghana.
MSEs account for the significant share of economic activity in Ghana and plays an essential role in achieving the development goals for production. The policy objectives are creating opportunities for all Ghanaians, maintaining a stable, united and safe country and building a prosperous nation
The long-term goal is for MSEs to maximize their contribution to the country’s economic and social development concerning production, income distribution and employment and the closer integration of women and people in rural areas with the national economy.
The vision statement of GEA is to create a vibrant entrepreneurial economy by fostering the growth and development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
The mission statement is to improve the competitiveness of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) by facilitating the provision of Business Development Programs and Integrated Support Services.
- To contribute to the creation of an enabling environment for the Small-scale Enterprise Development.
- To contribute to the development of an enterprise culture in Ghana by facilitating access to credit.
- To facilitate MSEs access to substantial and high-quality business development services for their development.
- To ensure the increase of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise(MSMEs) income through improved access to effective, efficient and innovative credit scheme and relevant business development and financial services.
- Contribute to the development of an enterprise culture and creation of enabling environment for Small Scale Enterprise Development in the Municipality.
- Offering myriad trainings to build the capacities of micro and small enterprises and their owners to effectively manage and operate their enterprises.
- Financial supports (Loans & Grants)
- Creating Networking
- Introducing new businesses to clients
- Identifying business opportunities
- Study Tour
- Clients registration
- Registrar General Department Registration (Business Formalization)
- Food and Drugs Board Registration
- Counselling of Clients
- Creating new jobs etc.